Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is a member of the Association for Regional Cooperation in the fields of Health, Science and Technology – RECOOP HST Association.
In 2006 medical center «Cedars-Sinai» (CSMC, Los Angeles, USA) together with another eleven institutes and universities from six countries of Central and East Europe (СЕЕ) created Consortium of Regional Cooperation in the fields of Health, Science and Technology (RECOOP HST). In 2012 CSMC, based on the Consortium, established the Association for Regional Cooperation in the fields of Health, Science and Technology (RECOOP HST Association), which was legally registered in Hungary (Debrecen, registration number 4160 since May 10, 2012, TAXID: 18299140-1-09). President of the Association for Regional Cooperation in the fields of Health, Science and Technology is dr. Sandor Vari (the director of the international research and innovation programs of the medical center «Cedars-Sinai», https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Research/Research-Administration/Innovation-and-Technology-Management/Expert-Team/Sandor-G-Vari-MD.aspx).
At the moment the members of the Association are 16 research institutes and universities from 9 countries (Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, and the United States):
- The medical center «Cedars-Sinai» (CSMC, Los Angeles, USA).
- The Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, School of Medicine (Osijek, Croatia).
- IKEM – Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine (Prague, Czech Republic).
- Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry Academy of Sciences (Czech Republic).
- Faculty of Military Health Sciences, University of Defense (Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic).
- Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Denmark).
- University of Debrecen (Debrecen, Hungary).
- University of Szeged (Szeged, Hungary).
- Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy (Bucharest, Romania).
- The University of Pecs, (Pecs, Hungary).
- Slovak Medical University (Bratislava, Slovakia).
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University (Lviv, Ukraine).
- Amosov National Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine (Kyiv, Ukraine).
- Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kyiv, Ukraine).
- Palladin Institute of Biochemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kyiv, Ukraine)
- Institute of Cell Biology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Lviv, Ukraine).
The medical center «Cedars-Sinai» (CSMC) and the Association RECOOP HST created Strategic Alliance, which is based on the high scientific achievements of the individual partners. Strategic Alliance helps its members to ensure quality control in the research and innovation, to enhance the biomedical research and to increase research capacity.
Main goal of the Strategic Alliance is to teach and to motivate researches in order to get the best possible results in the laboratory, also to transform the research results into the “long term results” – commercially available products: new diagnostic tools, new medical devices, and new drugs for the benefits of the society. Association embodied in the life a permanent education program, and its members are organizing summer schools of research and innovation management, extensive use of the possibilities offered by the courses of the World Academy Distance Learning of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) for teachers, administrative staff and graduate students. Association increases the level of success by licensing intellectual property before its implementation in the manufacture through the creation of a collective patents portfolio and patent database (Patent WarehouseTM). The Association RECOOP HST maintains the register of the research tools (cell lines, test kits, antibodies, markers). Partners of the Association are using these tools to increase research efficiency ratio of each member party. Consortium RECOOP HST creates Interdisciplinary research networks to improve the competitiveness of the academic member institutions.
In 2012 the RECOOP HST Association has integrated the multidisciplinary, multicenter research studies of the RECOOP Research Networks in the RECOOP Life Science Research Platform and formed 17 CSMC RECOOP Research Centers (CRRC) from 7 countries (Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic, and Ukraine).
As for 2014 the 9 annual the Bridges in Life Sciences Conferences were organized:
- 2003 – Budapest
- 2007 – Pecs
- 2008 – Zagreb
- 2009 – Debrecen
- 2010 – Lviv
- 2011 – Bratislava
- 2012 – Budapest
- 2013 – Prague
- 2014 – Split